psimard

Merge Module and Paramters

I am trying to figure out how to use a property that will be defined in the setup project that will include a merge module. The property is to be used in the merge module but is defined within the setup project. The definition is done via a radio group and the radio group Property has been assigned to a property to associate. I have created a property def in the setup project, but it is unclear if this is the correct way in defining a property that will be used in a merge module.

So to reiterate -- I want to use a property in a merge module that is assigned in a setup project via the selection of a radio in a radio group.

Peter
Daniel

Re: Merge Module and Paramters

Hello Peter and welcome to our forums,

To accomplish what you need you should simply use and access the installer property of your radio button (defined in the setup project) from your merge module project with his current name. For instance, if your radio button property defined in the setup project is RADIO_BTN_PROP, then in the merge module project you should simply use the same property name (RADIO_BTN_PROP) where you need to access/use the property.

However, in order to work this approach, you will have to do an extra step which is:

1. in the "Custom Actions" page of your setup project you should add a "Set installer property" custom action with sequence, scheduled before the "Searches" action group of the "Install Execution Stage", configured like this:
  • Property: RADIO_BTN_PROP.A1FD70FC_3BC1_46BB_AAC3_C77DAF494B83
    Value: [RADIO_BTN_PROP]
where the A1FD70FC_3BC1_46BB_AAC3_C77DAF494B83 identifier is the GUID of your merge module package (you can find it in the "Module Details" page of your merge module project).

If you have any further questions let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”