Collins

Display Specific Dialog From PrepareDlg

I have a custom action that runs to check if the configuration file for the application exists. If it does, it returns a value and based on that value, I skip certain dialogs since the application has already be installed.

I set a "execute custom action" on the PrepareDlg Initialization Event to return the value for the custom action. Under "Next" button publish events I set two "Display a specific dialog" based on custom action value (condition) to skip or not skip certain dialogs. This doesn't work.

I removed the WelcomeDlg so I can't set it to the "Next" button of that dialog. I don't want to set it on the FolderDlg as I want it to skip over that as well if the config exists and go directly to the VerifyReadyDlg. Is there a was to do this from the PrepareDlg or another approach?
Daniel

Re: Display Specific Dialog From PrepareDlg

Hello,

I am not so sure why this happens. Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

If you cannot share with us your project file, then you can try to isolate the behavior in a buildable sample (.aip + its referenced files) which we can build and test on our side.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Collins

Thanks. I emailed you the project file.
Daniel

Hello,

Thank you for your sent project file. Most likely you get the related behavior because you did not set the "PrepareDlg" dialog to be a modal one. Just go to "Dialogs" page and select the "PrepareDlg" dialog. From right "Properties" pane set the "Modal" attribute to "True".

Also, on the same dialog select the [Next] button and from right pane set the "Enabled" attribute to "True" too.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”