SeriousGeorge

UWP - Autorun shortcut

Hello there,

I wanted to know if an option exists to create a shortcut to a installed appx (uwp app) and thus copied to the autostart folder of windows 10?
If not, then consider this a feature request ;)

Should be doable, since you can create desktop shortcuts to your uwp apps manually - and copy them of course manually to the autostart folder (did that several times, runs fine).

Best regards
Daniel

Re: UWP - Autorun shortcut

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Currently we do not have support to fulfill your requirement, but we have added this on our TODO list and hopefully it will be available in the future.

We will update this forum thread as soon as the improvement is out.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Daniel

Re: UWP - Autorun shortcut

Hello,

This is a follow up to my previous email. After further debating your request with our development team it seems we do currently have support for your requirement. I apologize for my previous misleading answer.

To simply launch an APPX installed UWP app at system startup you can use our "Startup Task" support. Here is how you can proceed:

1. go to "Declarations" view and add a new "Add Application Declaration -> Startup Task" setting
2. configure the startup task to launch your UWP app

If this is not useful for you, then please give us more details about your specific requirements.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”