toonetown

Specify minimum operating system

I am coming from an *old* version of AI (7.7) and working on updating all our packages, and am wondering if there is a way to specify a "minimum" operating system version. It looks like the current way of specifying supported operating systems is to select which versions are supported. However, I want to just support "Everything from version X and later"....instead of needing to keep updating AI and adding a new windows version every 6 months when Microsoft releases a new version.

Is there a way to specify a minimum operating system version instead of needing to specify individually-supported versions?
Daniel

Re: Specify minimum operating system

Hello,

To achieve what you need you should just uncheck the unsupported (minimum) OS versions from your setup project -> "Launch Conditions" page. This way each time you upgrade your setup project to a newer version of Advanced Installer the new OS version released in the meantime will be automatically checked by Advanced Installer as supported by your setup project.

If you have any questions just let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
toonetown

My question was more of how can I support future operating system releases *without* needing to upgrade AI.
Daniel

Hello,

Unfortunately this is not possible. We cannot rely on future info and docs we do not have knowledge about.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”