mdayanand

prerequisite needs to be installed in the main installer path

HI Advance installer team,

I have an requirement that, I would like to install perquisite installer into same main installer installation folder(main installation folder will be browsed by user)

for same, I have chosen feature based prerequisite and starting prerequisite installer after browse of main installation path but how can I provide this main installation browsed path to prerequisite installation? even prerequisite installer is built from advance installer project only.

Thanks & Regards,
Dayanand
Catalin

Re: prerequisite needs to be installed in the main installer path

Hello Dayanand,

Taking in consideration the prerequisite is built using Advanced Installer, the installation folder is stored in the APPDIR property. Thus, all you have to do is to set the APPDIR property of the Prerequisite to be the same as the APPDIR property of the main package.

In order to do that, you have to go to "Prerequisites" page in the left pane, click on your "Feature-based" prerequisite package, go to "Setup Files" tab and set the APPDIR property folder for the prerequisite package to be the same as the main application APPDIR by writing the following command into the "Install Command Line" fields :

Code: Select all

APPDIR="[APPDIR]"
Hope this helped!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mdayanand

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and it is working fine.

I have one question,
I need to be display the prerequisite in the pre-install place so that user can opt his option, based on this selection, the same exe in feature based has to be start installation to support main application environment.

above possible approach is decided because the prerequisite needs to be installed in the main installation folder. pre-install can't find main installation folder during its installation and feature based can have main installation path during its installation.

Please guide me above solution or any suitable solution for above scenario.

Thanks & regards,
Dayanand.
Catalin

Hello Dayanand,

Unfortunately, "Pre-Install" prerequisites do not support Formatted Property References, thus you cannot pass through command line the APPDIR="[APPDIR] command when the prerequisite is scheduled as pre-install.

In order to achieve what you want, you could create a third Advanced Installer project, in which you add your prerequisite and main package as "Feature-Based" prerequisites and set their "Install Command Lines" fields like this :

Code: Select all

APPDIR="[APPDIR]"
If you have any further questions or doubts, don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”