Adverick

Shortuct without ".exe" in the name

I searched the entire forum and only found this: viewtopic.php?t=26679

The response was useless and the information in the link provided in that response was useless aswell. Do anyone know how to remove ".exe" from my shortcut name? For instance my Application name is "Play MU" but my shortcut name displayed in the desktop and windows menu is Play MU.exe, which is super ugly. I saw Configuration Tab it let you set a name but the .exe part is FIXED i cannot change that and the Install parameters I put my product name instead ProductName (I put Play MU, without exe ofc) and yet it still creates it with .exe

Please help me i need this ASAP and I cannot believe you guys really think that by DEFAULT shortcuts MUST have .exe in their name. This is just unacceptable. Help
Adverick

Re: Shortuct without ".exe" in the name

No support at all from this devs? =/ Im asking something very simple and yet they require days to reply?
Catalin

Hello Adverick and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

It is not a must to have the ".exe" file extension in your shortcut name. In order to remove the file extension, go to "Files and Folders" page from the left pane.Now go to "Application Shortcut Folder", right click on your shortcut -> "Properties" and delete the ".exe" file extension from the "Name" field of the "Edit Shortcut Properties" dialog.

If you have any further questions or doubts, let us know!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Adverick

It still creates the desktop shortcut with .exe (the one that goes into windows > files is already without .exe but the one that appears in the desktop still with .exe

HELP

Catalin

Hello,

Can you please send us the .aip (project file) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate its settings?

If you cannot share with us your project file, then you can try to isolate the behavior in a buildable sample (.aip + its referenced files) which we can build and test on our side.

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”