acj

Font Installer (otf, ttf, fon, pfm)

Hello,

I'm working on building a Font Pack MSI for our Engineering/Media Department. I've read a few posts on this but still had a few questions.

My understanding was that Windows Installer only supports TrueType Fonts. So, based on that, my assumption is that I can copy over the 'ttf' files to the 'Fonts' folder and specify the Font Registration for them under 'properties'. What others can I copy over and specify the Name in the Font Registration and which ones do I have to copy over and manually create the registry entry?

Also, with the 'pfm' file type it includes at least two files, do I copy all of those over into the 'Fonts' folder?

Thanks!
Catalin

Re: Font Installer (otf, ttf, fon, pfm)

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,
My understanding was that Windows Installer only supports TrueType Fonts
No, windows installer also supports .OTF files. You can copy as many .TTF and .OTF files as you want in the "Fonts" folder.

In what regards the .FON and .PFM files, they are not compatible with our fonts registration built-in support, but you can try to register them by manually creating registry entries required by Windows. In order to do this, you can use the "Registry" page from the resources group.

If you have any further questions or doubts, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”