jstuardo

SQL Servers is not listed

Hello, I have created a SQL Server connection dialog and followed all the instructions from this page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-HGoI36SVs

Well... I have 3 issues:
  • I have set Network SQL Browse in Browse type in SQL Databases page. However, the dialog appears with empty server list, as shown in attached screen shot. I need to show both local and network servers. When I set Local SQL Browse, it shows (local) in that list. But if no local server is found, network server could be chosen.
  • Database servers are not browsed when testing the dialog. I need to build and then run the installation in order the server to be browsed.
  • How can I disable Next button until SQL server is chosen in the list?
Best regards
Jaime
Attachments
SqlServerDlg Install 2018.png
SqlServerDlg Install 2018.png (56.02 KiB) Viewed 3744 times
Daniel

Re: SQL Servers is not listed

Hello,

We apologize for the delayed reply.
I have set Network SQL Browse in Browse type in SQL Databases page. However, the dialog appears with empty server list, as shown in attached screen shot. I need to show both local and network servers. When I set Local SQL Browse, it shows (local) in that list. But if no local server is found, network server could be chosen.
This could happen if you do not correctly bound the output of your SQL Server Browse operation with the property used by your list box combo box. Can you try to use our predefined SQLServerConnectionDlg and see if this helps. Also, as a side note please keep in mind that the network SQL Server browse type should display the results from the local machine too.
Database servers are not browsed when testing the dialog. I need to build and then run the installation in order the server to be browsed.
Can you replicate this issue by using the latest version of Advanced Installer (14.9)? We did have such an issue in our old versions of Advanced Installer, but everything should work as expected with our latest version.
How can I disable Next button until SQL server is chosen in the list?
To do so, you can use our "Control Condition" support to conditionally enable/disable the [Next] button. Just go to "Dialogs" page, select the [Next] button, and under its "Control Conditions" tab add two control conditions like these:
  • Condition: SERVER_PROP
    Action: Enable

Condition: NOT SERVER_PROP
    Action: Disable
where the "SERVER_PROP" is the property associated to your list box control displaying the servers list.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”