panda78

Install Service with custom login

hi all,

i'm trying advanced installer and i need help with service installation during my setup.
I have created custom dialog to choose username and password to install a service.
I follow https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... rvice.html guide but when i go to set password props i can't write into label box.

how can i set [SERVICE_PASSWORD] correctly ?

Thanks to all and srry for bad english :(
Catalin

Re: Install Service with custom login

Hello and welcome to our forums,

First of all, sorry for the delayed reply.

Due to security reasons, we had an improvement regarding the "Password" field from the "Account tab". Even if it displays "*", you can still set your password property there as explained in the "How to install a service for a custom user" article, so you should still type in the [SERVICE_PASSWORD] property reference in the "Password" field, even if the typed in reference is hidden by the asterisk characters.

As a side note, please keep in mind that the values of the "Properties" you create in the "Install Parameters" page from the "Package Definition" should be your user credentials. With that being said, the [SERVICE_USER] and [SERVICE_PASSWORD] properties values should coincide with the credentials of the account (the credentials you use to log in your PC). For example, if your account name is "myUsername" and your password is "myPassword", then the [SERVICE_USER] property will have the value ".\myUsername" and the [SERVICE_PASSWORD] property will have the value "myPassword". For more information about this, you can check our "Service Properties" article.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions or doubts, don't hesitate to contact me and I'll gladly assist.

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”