yanclot

problem with using the "Launch application at the end of installation" feature

Hello,
I am currently using the "Free" version of "Advanced Installer" to generate native Windows Desktop c ++ application setups (visualstudio 2017)
I included the installation of an icon indicating in this one the "shortcut target" (APPDIR \ Bin \ myapp.exe) and the "Working Directory" (APPDIR \ Data)
The setup works very well and the created icon launches the application correctly.
Now, I customize the "ExitDialog" window by ticking the "Launch application at the end of installation" box: this is where I have a problem because the application does not launch in APPDIR \ Data as I get there waited but rather in APPDIR \ Bin: suddenly, the data files are created in "bin" rather than in "data"
An idea to correct my problem?
Thanks in advance for your suggestions
Catalin

Re: problem with using the "Launch application at the end of installation" feature

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

First of all, sorry for the delayed reply.

Unfortunately, there is no predefined support for your scenario.

As a workaround, you can use a "Custom approach to launch a file, folder or URL". After that, you can create a predefined "Launch EXE with working directory" custom action. Please bare in mind that these features are available starting with an "Enterprise" project type or above.

Another workaround is to use only the "Launch EXE with working directory" custom action, but you will not be able to choose whether or not you want to launch the application. This feature is available starting with a "Professional" project type or above.

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”