mcognik2

Error when trying to enable IIS using Windows Feature Bundle

As part of an installer I am working on, I am trying to have the installer enable IIS on the target machine in order for a web site to be deployed. I have followed the "How to deploy a website using Advanced Installer" tutorial exactly, with IIS enabled as a Windows Feature bundle.

However, when I run the MSI, I am met immediately with an error saying that "Test cannot be installed on systems with Internet Information Services version lower than 5.1". However, I am installing this on a Windows 10 machine so it has IIS version 10. I suspect this is because it tries to setup the website before enabling IIS but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this happens and how I can fix it?
Last edited by mcognik2 on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcognik2

Resolved, but new problem

So, I fixed the problem I was having by unchecking the launch condition for IIS.

However I have a new problem where the website I am deploying is not showing up when my Installer launches http://localhost. It's slightly different to the tutorial in that it is a simple index.html file rather than .aspx. Does this change things and, if so, how do I fix it?
Daniel

Re: Error when trying to enable IIS using Windows Feature Bundle

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I am not so sure why this happens. Can you please send us the .aip file and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can test and investigate your scenario?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”