SRICSMB

Problem with custom package for Mozilla Firefox 60.0.2

Hi,

I am having trouble with repackaging the Mozilla Firefox ESR package found here
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/o ... tions/all/

We are using the french package for firefox, as we are packaging firefox for a french speaking schoolboard.

Most of the packaging process is easy and works well,

My problem is this, once I have configured Firefox with all the options we need and the extensions we need and make the MSI package with the repackager, once I install the new package on a computer, the default shortcut on the desktop and in the start menu make an installation window appear shortly before starting Firefox. I noticed the shortcut provided by default by the repackager does not point to the firefox.exe location but only to the Mozilla Firefox default directory.

I tried removing those shortcuts, and adding new shortcuts manually in advanced installer (files and folders), starting firefox works, but all the customization is gone (default web page, extensions, etc).

Is there a way to remove the small install process, and keep the custom configurations of firefox?

Thanks for your help
p.s. we are using Advanced Installer v14.9 (architect)
Catalin

Re: Problem with custom package for Mozilla Firefox 60.0.2

Hello and welcome to our forums,
...the default shortcut on the desktop and in the start menu make an installation window appear shortly before starting Firefox
The problem you are encountering may be an auto-repair (or a "self-healing") ran with "Basic UI". For more information about this, you can check our "How do I implement self-healing into the application?" article. In order to avoid this, you can go to "Files and Folders" page from the "Resources" group --> "Application Shortcut Folder" --> right click on "Firefox" shortcut --> "Properties" --> uncheck "Advertised shortcut" option.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”