Russell

Expired certificate upgrade.

I am trying to an upgrade an application which was installed with an old certificate that has already expired. The new certificate has a changed subject line. The option to "only install packages with the same certificate as the Update" was also selected.

According to this page I need to sign an update package with the old certificate and inside that package have the "Updater.exe" signed with the new certificate.

The issue I am having is that I am unable to sign an update package with the old certificate as it has already expired. I tried changing the system date and disabling the timestamp URL, but that also fails at install time with an "unknown publisher" error.

Is there any way to upgrade these existing installations automatically?

Thanks
Russell.
Eusebiu

Re: Expired certificate upgrade.

Hi Russell,

Indeed, the Updater cannot install a new version of a product if its digital certificate has a different subject. The transition can be made in the way explained in our help, but only before the old certificate to expire.

In case it expired, you either need to set the same subject for the new certificate or let the users install the next version manually.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Russell

Thank you for clarifying - that was what I suspected.

Regards
Russell.
Eusebiu

You're welcome Russell.

Just let us know anytime you need assistance.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”