Eweber

Updater

Mon Jul 16, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to launch my app via my program shortcut, whereby I want to check for updates, and then if none, continue launching the app.

My command line is similar to /silent -startappfirst -restartapp <application_executable_path> -restartappcmd

However, all it does is flash. It never checks (that I can see) for updates, nor does the application execute.

Anyone have any clues what is wrong? I'm using advanced installer 13.1
Last edited by Eweber on Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eweber

Re: Updater

Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:00 pm

Any chance of getting an answer?

Is this a bug with the updater in 13.1?

Catalin

Re: Updater

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:50 pm

Hello,

First of all, can you please make sure you do not have the "Check and automatically install" option ticked in the "Updater" page, under "Update Behavior" tab ? This option checked has the same result as the "/silentall" command line, which will make the updater to search silently for updates and automatically install all them.

Also, please keep in mind that "-restartapp <application_executable_path>" represents the path to the application which will be launched only if no updates are found. Also, the executable will not be launched if the updates are installed successfully.

In order to make sure your updater is configured correctly, you can firstly test it using the "Check and prompt the user to install updates" option (Updater page --> Updater Behavior

Also, I think you may find this video useful.

Hope this helps!

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”