lck516

How can I hide the msi parameters completely ?

I have a MSI file come from vendor which support the insert SERIALKEY with MSI Parameters [REGSERIALKEY=]

1. I tried to convert the following batch script to EXE format, however, the REGSERIALKEY is able to show on the task manager once I have opened the exe file. (See attachment)
msiexec /i BiLPDManager.msi REGSERIALKEY=1234

2. Create a Transform (MST) file is able to hide the REGSERIALKEY from the task manager, but mst file can view by the msi editor tools.

Is it possible to encrypt the content of mst?
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (59.26 KiB) Viewed 2634 times
Catalin

Re: How can I hide the msi parameters completely ?

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,
I tried to convert the following batch script to EXE format, however, the REGSERIALKEY is able to show on the task manager once I have opened the exe file. (See attachment)
msiexec /i BiLPDManager.msi REGSERIALKEY=1234
Yes, that is true. If you enable the command line option from the task manager, the command line which represents the respective task will be shown. Unfortunately, it is not possible to hide the password if you directly pass it to the command line through a specific property. The only way Advanced Installer manipulates the password "visibility" is when it is placed in the log file, where you can "Hide" or "Secure" it by setting the correspondent option from "Install Parameters" page.

For more information about this and a workaround for this issue, you can check the following StackOverflow thread.
Is it possible to encrypt the content of mst?
I am afraid that is not possible.

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”