srikanth4sree

Uninstall not removing product from control panel

Wed Aug 01, 2018 7:29 pm

Hi Team,

We Custom product Icon in our Project,
our Project is per system.after Uninstalling my product, In Control Panel still showing the product. When i try to uninstall again is showing as "Product is already Uninstalled" like message. when i clicked Ok, product removed from control panel.

can you please help me on this. why first time my product showing in control panel after uninstalling.

attached my project file and uninstall log file.

Thanks
Srikanth
Attachments
uninstall.zip
(483.76KiB)Downloaded 277 times
uninstall.PNG
uninstall.PNG (11.38KiB)Viewed 5424 times
baseR4.aip
(122.4KiB)Downloaded 267 times

Catalin

Re: Uninstall not removing product from control panel

Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:17 am

Hello Srikanth,

Unfortunately, I was not able to reproduce your scenario using the settings of your project.

Does this behavior reproduce on multiple clean machines ? For testing purposes we always recommend to be used virtual machines with clean states so that when something goes wrong you can easily revert to a clean state of the virtual machine.

If the behavior does reproduce on multiple machines, can you give us a test case which we can use in order to reproduce this ?

Unfortunately, we will not be able to help you if we can not reproduce this on our test machines.

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

srikanth4sree

Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:17 pm

Thanks for replay,

I am able to reproduced in multiple system,install and uninstall also having same issue.
can you please check the upgrade settings.project is persystem but update path i have put it to user profile path.

Previously we have project is per user, i have update the project to persystem.
after changing project to per system i am facing this issue. can you please check the uninstall log. if you can finding anything.
attached latest project file.

I have support license also.How can i get that support.Please help me on this.

Thanks
Srikanth
Attachments
baseR4.aip
(124.11KiB)Downloaded 272 times

Catalin

Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:20 am

Hello Srikanth,

Please keep in mind that a per-user installation cannot upgrade a per-machine installation and a per-machine installation cannot upgrade a per-user installation.

As a workaround for this, you can add our predefined "Uninstall previous versions" custom action in "Custom Actions" page. For more information about this custom action, you can check our "Uninstall previous versions" article.

If this does not help, please send us both the old and the new .aip (project files) and a detailed test case we can follow, so we can further investigate them.

Regards,
Catalin

srikanth4sree

Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:07 pm

thanks for replay,
Previously we have installation type is "Per-user only (with administrator rights required)".
after changing project type to "Per-machine only (fails if the user is not administrator)".

Download updates in this folder :
OldValue: [ProgramMenuFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]\updates\
New Value: [LocalAppDataFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]\updates\

after changing this values,after UN-install product is not removed from control panel.
also attached project files.

BaseR3 is old project and BaseR4 is new project.
Attachments
baseR3.aip
(138.59KiB)Downloaded 270 times
baseR4.aip
(124.11KiB)Downloaded 276 times

Catalin

Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:59 pm

Hello Srikanth,

I have tested multiple uninstall scenarios and the only time I was able to reproduce it was when I uninstalled the setup while having the "Control Panel" ("Add or Remove" programs) opened while uninstalling and indeed, the icon was still displayed there (this is because the "Add or Remove" window is not refreshed), but the setup was correctly uninstalled. All you have to do in this case, is to refresh the "Add or Remove" window.

Unfortunately, this behavior is not related to Advanced Installer and it cannot be controlled from within your project.

Regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”