aweber

AI_PROCESS_STATE not available as an installer prop

I am trying to detect a running process using the custom action, and this apparently sets the "AI_PROCESS_STATE" property to one of two values.

That's fine (though limiting - why would you not be able to set a custom property so you can detect multiple processes?).

However, when I go back to add a custom Launch Condition, that property is not listed as an option to check. If this is a standardized property, shouldn't it be available in the "Select a Property" dialog? (Yes, maybe it's null or empty if the installer is not using it.)

Otherwise, I would have to define my own property, and that means I am required to give my property (AI's property) a value. But I don't want to give it my value, I want it to contain the custom action's value.

So if it's an AI defined property (it currently is), make it available for selection from the property choosers. If it's a custom property, then make it clear that even after using the custom action, you must go add a custom property with the specified name.

In any case, how do I actually use it right now? (v15.1)

Thanks.
aweber

Re: AI_PROCESS_STATE not available as an installer prop

ah, it's available via type-ahead, but not if you want to select it from the property dialog.
Daniel

Hello,
That's fine (though limiting - why would you not be able to set a custom property so you can detect multiple processes?).
Currently this is our design implementation, but thank you for your suggestion. Maybe we will improve this in the future.
However, when I go back to add a custom Launch Condition, that property is not listed as an option to check. If this is a standardized property, shouldn't it be available in the "Select a Property" dialog? (Yes, maybe it's null or empty if the installer is not using it.)

Otherwise, I would have to define my own property, and that means I am required to give my property (AI's property) a value. But I don't want to give it my value, I want it to contain the custom action's value.

So if it's an AI defined property (it currently is), make it available for selection from the property choosers. If it's a custom property, then make it clear that even after using the custom action, you must go add a custom property with the specified name.

This is due to a current limitation in our "Edit Condition" dialog indeed. Our select a property list does not include this property too. We will fix this in a future version of Advanced Installer, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

In the meantime as a workaround you could simply use our autocomplete feature. Just start typing in the "Condition" field the property name and you will get a suggestion list.

If there is anything else we can help you with just let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Daniel

Hello,

This was fixed in version 15.3 of Advanced Installer released on September 12th, 2018.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”