kamcknig

Verbose logging when building project

Is there a way to enable any sort of verbose logging for building a project? Not for when it is being installed on a client machine, but the logs of the build itself. Or are there any logs stored anywhere by default? I can only find info for logs when installing a package rather than actual advanced installer logs.

Thanks!
Kyle
Catalin

Re: Verbose logging when building project

Hello Kyle,

You can create a build log using the Advanced Installer command line executable (AdvancedInstaller.com). Here is a step-by-step which will help you achieve that:

1) Save your project (.aip file).
2) Open a new command line.
3) Navigate to where your project was saved using the "cd" command (change directory).
4) Use a command line as it follows:

Code: Select all

AdvancedInstaller.com /build YourProject.aip > "ThePathWhereLogWillBeCreated\buildlog.txt"
Let me know if this helps!

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
kamcknig

Unfortunately that looks to the be the same output that was in the GUI. I was just curious if there was any more detailed logging that can be obtained. I don't necessarily need it at this point for anything specific, but was just curious if anything was available.

Thanks!
Kyle
Catalin

Hello Kyle,

Yes, that is the only log we create upon building a project. Unfortunately, we do not create a more detailed log.

Regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”