Emin.Sh

Crystal Reports not showing after installation

Hi all,
I have a WPF project with .Net Framework 4.6.1 and SQL Server Express. I use Crystal Reports for VS in my project. (version VS 13_0_23)
I have added following prerequisites, and they are installed successfully.
  • Net Framework 4.6.1
    SQL Server Express 2014 SP2 64bit
    SAP Crystal Reports Runtime engine for .NET Framework (64-bit) (CR Runtime 13_0_23.exe )
Everything works fine in my machine , but reports are not showing on client machine, and program crashes when I try to show reports.
I have tried installing Crystal Reports Viewer 2016 on client, it is still not working.
I also tried copying my reports to application folder, and it is not working too.
Daniel

Re: Crystal Reports not showing after installation

Hello and welcome to our forums,

If you are not able even to manually install successfully the Crystal Reports setup package, then I highly recommend you to try forwarding this issue to the vendor releasing the Crystal Reports setup package.

Unfortunately I have no clue why this setup package installation could fail. Maybe you can try to run the Crystal Reports with a log command and see if you could find anything relevant in its installation log file.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Emin.Sh

Daniel wrote:Hello and welcome to our forums,

If you are not able even to manually install successfully the Crystal Reports setup package, then I highly recommend you to try forwarding this issue to the vendor releasing the Crystal Reports setup package.

Unfortunately I have no clue why this setup package installation could fail. Maybe you can try to run the Crystal Reports with a log command and see if you could find anything relevant in its installation log file.

All the best,
Daniel
Thank you. There is no problem with installation of Crystal Reports, it was successfully installed, but reports were not working.
After some debugging and research, I realized that the problem was Assemblies versions and some missing files.
Due to CR Documentations:
As most of CR/RAS .NET Assemblies are now re-versioned from 13.0.2000.0 to 13.0.3500.0, user MUST remove all old CR assemblies from Reference list and add the new version of CR assemblies, then rebuild the application.
Replacing all CR References with new versions, fixed assembly problem.
There was also a problem with CR Runtime 32-bit version. Before I was installing just 64-bit version, installing both 32,and 64-bit versions fixed missing file problem.
Hope this helps.
Daniel

Hello,

Thank you for your follow up and feedback on this. For sure your insights on this will be useful for future customers facing the same issue.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”