bareimage

Help with installer

Hello I am trying to figure out how to repackage the installer with the following criteria.

* Installer executes setup exe with one of the 8 transform packages.
* Which transform package is to be used is determined by command line arguments or user dialog

All help is appreciated
Daniel

Re: Help with installer

Hello,

Thank you for giving Advanced Installer a trial.

To achieve what you want you can use our Reapackger tool. Just try to follow our Repackager tutorials.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
bareimage

Hello this is not what I have asked. I know how to create packages using advance installer.

Here is what I am looking for.

1. I have successfully created an MSI installer for MS Office2016 that installs, serializes and registers the installation completely silently. This is accomplished by using /adminfile XXX1.MSP command line argument.
2. Now I have 8 different departments that have different .MSP file (XXX1.MPS, XXX2.MSP and etc) I want to be able to create combined installer that install the same installer with different command line arguments and/or has possibility to select which MSP file is fed to command line post install or future based installation.
3. So I guess my question can be broken in the following topics
- How do I share the same folder with executables between features (if it is possible)
- How do I set command line arguments and feed them to the "Install Command Lines"
- How do I do the same in the GUI

all help is as always appreciated

- Igor
Daniel

Hello Igor,

I apologize for the delayed reply.
How do I share the same folder with executables between features (if it is possible)
You should try to implement the approach exposed on our "Install files with same names" tutorial.
How do I set command line arguments and feed them to the "Install Command Lines"
You can do so by using public installer properties. For instance you can set an installer property from command line like this:

Code: Select all

setup.exe ARGUMENT_PROPERTY="argument value"
and then you can add a formatted reference of your public property into the "Install Command Lines" fields like this:

Code: Select all

cmd_line_argument=[ARGUMENT_PROPERTY]
and thus the [ARGUMENT_PROPERTY] property formatted reference will be expanded at install time to the actual property value.
How do I do the same in the GUI
You should use a similar approach like the above. Using public properties assigned to UI controls. And then by adding formatted references of the public properties into the "Install Command Lines" fields.

Have a look on our "How to set a property when a button is pushed" tutorial which could be useful.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”