jonrub

Problem when saving .MST

Hi,

I am pretty new in Advanced Installer so please don't judge me. ;)

I am trying to create a MST-file to use with a msi-file. So i right click on the msi and use "edit with Advanced installer".
What I am doing is changing the reboot behavior, Installation type and use Set-acl.exe to give all users full permissions to the install folder as a custom action. Then I save it as a mst-file. So far so good.

When I try to install this msi-package with the mst it fails. The error code is 2356 "Could'nt locate cabinet in stream: cab1.cab". When I look in the folder where the mst is saved, there is a folder named packagename.msi-cache. In that folder there is a cab-file that is pretty close the msi in size, with the install files within.

I can't figure out what the problem is. When I do the same modifications in Wise it works.

Thanks in advance!
Catalin

Re: Problem when saving .MST

Hello and welcome to our forums,

First of all, thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

In what regards your problem, that error message can be caused by many things. Can you please send me a a verbose log of the installation process which gives the specified error by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further investigate this?

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”