RichardS

Patches and REINSTALLMODE

I have built a patch using AI 14.7, and although I have the "Ignore missing source files" check box checked, it is still prompting for the original installer package when we apply the patch.

Reading some of these forum posts, we have deduced that the REINSTALLMODE property is somehow internally set to ecmus, and probably what we need is omus, however, there is no apparent option to set this anywhere within the patch Project Settings or Definition pages.

We also tried with the command line option, but that didn't work either. Still get prompted for original msi.

Is there some way we can either configure or change the REINSTALLMODE for the patch> I am surprised that this is not configurable.

Or could there be some other reason that the patch is insisting on locating the original msi.
Daniel

Re: Patches and REINSTALLMODE

Hello and welcome to our forums,

We apologize for the delayed reply.

To change the reinstall mode flags you can proceed like this:

1. open your setup project and go to "Dialogs" page
2. select the "Next" button from "PatchWelcomeDlg" dialog
3. in the "Published Events" list of the above button control edit the "Set reinstall mode" event to "omus"
4. rebuild your setup projects and the patch projects

If this still doesn't help you, please check the following thread which expose the reason for the missing original MSI file issue: Patch Looking for source file.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
RichardS

Thanks for responding. And that information is very useful.

Reading around, it may be that , from MSDN, the patch always needs to have access to the original msi, but will only get a file if it needs it.

I will experiment with the REIANSTALLMODE option, with and without original msi present and post back here.

Thanks
Daniel

You are welcome.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”