jstuardo

Changing 32 bits project to 64 bits project

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:54 am

Hello, I have a 32 bits project...

Now, I need to create a 64 bits project that is exactly the same as the created for 32 bits platform, but with 64 bits compilation of executables... so, the only difference is that files will be different, but all the rest is the same (organization, prerequisites, services, custom actions, etc).

Is there a way to copy the 32 bits project into a new name... change project type to 64 bits platform and then, to change only the parts that are different?

Regards
Jaime

Daniel

Re: Changing 32 bits project to 64 bits project

Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:08 am

Hello Jaime,

Yes this is possible. Just use our "Save as template" option to save your 32-bit project as a template and then use the created project template as a base for the new 64-bit project.

Just open the 32-bit project in Advanced Installer and go to "File" menu -> "Save" -> "Save as template" option. Save the template and restart Advanced Installer. Choose "New -> Custom Templates" and select the created template to create a new project. Save the new project and edit its settings as you need.

If there is anything else we can help you with just let us know.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

jstuardo

Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Hello... thanks for your reply.

After those steps, how can I tell Advanced Installer, the installer is for 64 bits platform?

For example, when installing a Windows Service, in Service Type appears "A Wn32 service that runs in its own process" and "A Win32 service that shares a process"... however, this is a 64 bits service.

I tried by setting the package type to "64-bit package for x64 processors (AMD64, EM64T)" but I am not sure if could help.

Regards
Jaime

Daniel

Thu Oct 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Hello Jaime,

Besides setting the package type to 64-bit one you should also, go to "Organization" page and check the "Mark components in this feature as "64-bit component"" option for all of your setup features.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”