jstuardo

Error building MSI installer

Hello,

when building an installer, I got this error:

Code: Select all

Checking builds status... done.
Build required.

[ DefaultBuild ]
Building package (en): C:\WorkingFolder\Proyectos\Desytec\Development\Control de Visitas 3.0\Installer\Patches\Control de Visitas 3.0 - Claro-SetupFiles\Control de Visitas 3.0 - Claro.exe 
Creating CAB file(s)... done.
Creating MSI database... error.
Error calling MSI API: 1627 Method: MsiDatabaseCommit Table: AI_SQLScript. Extended Error: 1: 2213 2: C:\WorkingFolder\Proyectos\Desytec\Development\Control de Visitas 3.0\Installer\Patches\Control de Visitas 3.0 - Claro-SetupFiles\Control de Visitas 3.0 - Claro.msi 3:  4:  .  Details

Build finished because an error was encountered.
Details dialog shows this:

Code: Select all

Error calling MSI API: 1627 Method: MsiDatabaseCommit Table: AI_SQLScript. Extended Error: 1: 2213 2: C:\WorkingFolder\Proyectos\Desytec\Development\Control de Visitas 3.0\Installer\Patches\Control de Visitas 3.0 - Claro-SetupFiles\Control de Visitas 3.0 - Claro.msi 3:  4:  .

Advanced Installer 12.1 build 63802
*** Stack Trace (x86) ***

[0x76e517d2]  RaiseException()
[0x77f5872d]  CxxThrowException()
[0x005de48a]  -----
[0x00200000]  MODULE_BASE_ADDRESS
It only says that it is related to SQL Scripts. All other information is useless, for me at least.

I need to include 5 SQL Scripts in my installer.

Can you tell me what is going on?

Regards
Jaime
Catalin

Re: Error building MSI installer

Hello Jaime,

I have tested your scenario (simple project with only an SQL Connection and a script) and everything worked as expected.

Usually, this error occurs when there are duplicates in the specified table. In order for me to further investigate this, could you please send me your .AIP (project file) by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jstuardo

Dear Catalin,

I sent you the mail wiuth the AIP file... I hopw you can see the problem there... I could not send the scripts.

Regards
Jaime
Catalin

Hello Jaime,

First of all, thank you for your sent files.

Please keep in mind that we do not recommend to be used spaces within a script name. This is why in the latest versions of Advanced Installer, we automatically format that field, removing the spaces.

So, could you please remove the spaces from within your script names and rebuild your project? Having spaces in your SQL Scripts names in older versions of Advanced Installer could indeed generate random build errors such as the one in your scenario. This is, indeed, a limitation of Advanced Installer.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
jstuardo

Thanks Catalin... that was the problem :D
Catalin

You're always welcome, Jaime.

I am glad you got this working.

All the best,