susan512

Edit font color of disabled checkbox

Where can the font color for the text for a disabled checkbox be set in Advanced Installer 15.4 Enterprise version ? I tried setting the AI_CONTROL_VISUAL_STYLE_EX property as mentioned in some resources online, but that doesn't seem to work.
Daniel

Re: Edit font color of disabled checkbox

Hello and welcome to our forums,

To do so you can just proceed like this:
1. go to "Themes" page -> "Text Styles" tab and add a new text style edited like you need
2. go to "Dialogs" page and select your check box control
3. in the "Properties" right pane set the "Use Indirection" option (under "Text Style" section) to true and select the previous added text style
4. build and test your project

Hope this helped.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
susan512

Thanks for your quick response Daniel. I'm trying to set the font color of the checkbox for when it is in the disabled state. Setting the text style to the property I want, will set this to be the font color for the enabled state, but the font color for when the checkbox is disabled, is still the same old color. How do I edit the font color for the checkbox in the disabled state?
Daniel

Hello,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

Unfortunately currently it is not possible to change the font color of a checkbox control depending on the control state (enabled/disabled).

I have added your improvement request on our TODO list and hopefully this option will be available in the future. Thank you for your suggestion. We will update this forum thread when such improvement will be available.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel

Hello,

I have further debated this request with our development team, and it seems there is a workaround solution.

As a workaround you must use an image checkbox control and enable our "Enhanced User Interface" feature. Then to set the font color of the disabled image check box you should proceed like this:

1. go to "Table Editor" page and select the "Property" table
2. add a new property like this

Property: AI_COLOR_DISABLED_TEXT
Value: decimalValue

3. rebuild and test the project

where the "decimalValue" is the value converted in decimal base of a hexa color code of COLORREF type.

Hope this workaround solution will suit you.

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Building Installers”