mwoelke

Problem registering font

Hi,

I have a weird problem with a custom font I created. Its a TTF and I want to include it in my application setup and automatically register it during install.
Adding it to the MSI using the Advanced Installer UI is no problem. I checked the "Register font" checkbox but left the registration name empty as the help recommends for TTF. However when I install the MSI the font is not registered. I enabled verbose logging on msiexec and found that it actually says it does register the font. There is no error message or anything, but unfortunately the font is not registered. Its copied to where I expected it (C:\Windows\Fonts), but thats it.

K, in order to get to the bottom of this I created a simple setup project which includes the font only. Nothing else. Configured it identically to the original package, built it and installed that again with msiexec /lv for verbose logging. Et voila, the font is registered. I checked the log output and its exactly the same.

I went back to the original setup project and double and triple checked all settings are the same, which they are. I rebuilt the MSI several times but the result always stays the same and the font is just copied but not registered.

Does anyone here have an idea what to check or where to look in order to get the font registered in the other package as well? Did anyone see a behavior like that before? Any help is very much appreciated.

Best regards, Milan
Catalin

Re: Problem registering font

Hello Milan and welcome to our forums,

To be honest, I am not sure why you are encountering such a behavior. In order for me to further investigate this, could you please send me a copy of the both .AIP files (where the registration of the font fails and where it succeeds) and also both log files by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Could you also please tell me the OS you are deploying your setup on?

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
mwoelke

Hi Catalin,

I really dont get it. I didnt want to send u the log files I recorded yesterday and thus repeated the whole procedure. Rebuilt all msi packages based on the same files as yesterday and rebooted the whole Win10-PC. After that retried and suddenly it worked fine. In both setups. My guess is, the reboot was the solution. Sorry to have wasted your time and thanks anyway.

Best regards, Milan
Catalin

Hello Milan,

First of all, thank you for your followup on this. I am glad you sorted things out.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”