IanB

Default Program

Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:21 pm

I'm trying to associate a file extension (for example .abc) with this application (so that, when the user double-clicks a file with that extension this application is launched and opens the file) but I can't find a way to do it without installing a file with that extension. This is silly, the extension is an output file of the application, its' sole purpose is to create/modify/upload files with this extension, there is no point whatsoever in me installing one with the package. I know that it's possible to do an association without a file being present as I've done it with other installer packages (Installshield) but I can't find a way to do it with Advanced Installer.
Is this possible and if so how?

Thanks

Daniel

Re: Default Program

Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:19 pm

Hello,

This should be perfectly possible. You should just use our "File Associations" feature. This do not request any mandatory file with the installed extension to be installed within your setup project too.

If this is not useful for you, could you please give us more details about the scenario you are facing with? Maybe you could isolate the behavior in a small sample and send it us to fully test and investigate this.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

IanB

Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:10 am

Thanks Daniel.
I can't find a way to mark my question as resolved, but it is.
Ian

Daniel

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:05 am

You are always welcome Ian!

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”