aweber

build multiple packages with different install parameters?

I have a custom "configuration url" as part of my Install Parameters (it is a named Property).

Is it possible to build otherwise the exact same MSI (my default-build), except embed a different value for that Install Parameter-Property? In a semi-automated manner? (Right now I could build the MSI, go edit the property and run the build again. Just looking for a way to script that to automatically build the different packages for me.)

Thanks,
AJ
Eusebiu

Re: build multiple packages with different install parameters?

Hi AJ,

Yes, in order to achieve this, you can build your project from the command line as detailed in the "Working with Advanced Installer from the Command Line" article.

To change the value of a property before the build, you can use the "/SetProperty" command.

Let me know if this helped, otherwise give me more details about your scenario.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
aweber

The /SetProperty flag only appears in the command line information for EDITING a project. Are you saying I can use this flag with the "build" command from the command-line?

That is not clear at all (in fact, it's not documented).

Thanks,
AJ
Eusebiu

Hi AJ,

Yes, the "/SetProperty" command only works for editing the project. However, you can create a script first executes the project edit with the /SetProperty command, then the project build. Also, you can create a file of commands and execute it from the command line.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”