Cuttlas

Prompt User While Uninstalling

Hi,

My Installer will Uninstall the previous version on start. But I need first to prompt the user if She wants to continue or not. How to achieve this?
Catalin

Re: Prompt User While Uninstalling

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I think that, in your case, the best use-case would be to use the "Allow side by side installs of different product versions" option. To do this, please go to "Upgrades" page and simply select it.

After doing so, please go to "Dialogs" page, click on "WelcomeDlg", click on the "Add Dialog" button from the toolbar and then select "UpgradeDlg" from that list. This way, a dialog will be shown during the installation of the newer version, which will let the user decide if whether he wants to uninstall the older version or if he wants to install side by side.

The dialog looks something like this:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (21.73 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
Also, please keep in mind that the option we have been talking about takes place the next time you are changing your Product Version ("Product Details" page, "Version" field).

Also, even if you allows side by side installs, the same installation folder can not be used by both versions. For example, if the users chooses to install the upgraded version of your application in the earlier installed version's folder, the above mentioned dialog will look something like this:
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (23.75 KiB) Viewed 1494 times
Please let me know if this is what you were looking for.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”