D_nathan

Exception when importing Visual Studio 2010 project in Adv Installer 15.6

Hello,
My name is Deepika. We have been using Advanced Installer for over 2 years and hold multiple licenses within our company.
We are using AI 12.8 to create installers and to push updates. It was working fine until some of the Anti Virus companies started to flag our application as a threat. I then built the same application using AI 15.6, this time the exe was not showing as a threat on virustotal.com. But the problem we see is that the Import command line throws an exception when importing a huge solution.
The error thrown is "Exception calling 'Load Project' with '1' argument(s): Exception of type System.OutofMemoryException' was thrown".

I had emailed the support team back in November and I was told that this will be fixed soon. This has started affecting several of our customers.
Please let me know if there is a work around for this or when we can expect a solution.

Thanks,
Deepika
Catalin

Re: Exception when importing Visual Studio 2010 project in Adv Installer 15.6

Hello Deepika,

Unfortunately, this issue has not yet been fixed. I am afraid I can not give you any estimation on when this will be fixed.

However, I will update this thread as soon as a fix will be available.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
D_nathan

Any update on this? We have been waiting on this for almost 4 months now. I verified that Advanced Installer seems to work fine when importing solutions up to 110KB. Ours is little over 160KB and AI fails with an OutOfMemory exception. Please update us on how soon we can expect a fix.
Thanks
Catalin

Hello Deepika,

This is still under investigation on our side. Unfortunately, I am afraid I can not give you any estimation on when this will be fixed.

However, as a workaround, have you tried using our extension for Visual Studio?

Hope this helps somehow.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”