ipollock

IIS - Set Common Headers

Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:06 am

Good morning,

We are currently using Advanced Installer 12.7.2.
I am looking for a way to set the IIS - Common HTTP Response Headers for website A to disable Internet Explorer caching web content from the IIS Server side. Client side controls are handled differently and we don't need to cover that here.

There is a way to set this on an indivual level for each application and virtual directory - it works but if you have a lot of these then it takes a while to complete the task. I'm trying to cut this task time down by setting it at the web site level. This can be done quite easily when the web site has been installed. I don't see any control available in the installer application to enable it at this higher level.

1. Is there a control i can use?
2. is there another way i can achieve this.

Many thanks,

Ian

Eusebiu

Re: IIS - Set Common Headers

Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:28 pm

Hi Ian,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

If you want to set some headers for a website, you can use its "HTTP Response Headers" tab and add the desired headers there. Doesn't that work for you?

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

ipollock

Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:28 pm

Hi Eusebiu,

The HTTP Response Headers are set up on a per application or virtual directory level and only affects that application or virtual directory. This means that i would have to do and later manage lots of changes (In this case 22 changes to implement).

What I would like to do is set the 'Common Header' which is found at the Site level, for example 'Default Web Site' and this would affect all
applications and all virtual directories within the site with just one change.

This control would be found in IIS Manager at the site level, HTTP Response Headers and in the actions pane 'Set Common Headers'.

I can't seem to find the control for this in Advanced Installer.

Best regards,

Ian

Eusebiu

Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:03 pm

Hi Ian,

Indeed, we do not have predefined options for setting the common headers, however you can achieve this through the "Custom Properties" support. For this, you can go in the "Custom Properties" tab of your website and set the desired properties as shown in attached image.

If you need more details, just let me know.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Attachments
IIS Set Custom Headers.png
IIS Set Custom Headers.png (41.12KiB)Viewed 4584 times

ipollock

Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:30 pm

Excellent, i hadn't tried that as it's not available on our production system yet (12.7.2) so that will help me push for a change/update to newer version.

Thanks again for your help.

Ian

Eusebiu

Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:28 pm

You're welcome Ian. Glad to help.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Building Installers”