zedlex

ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT with "Override Windows Installer Program list entry"

It seems when you try to set ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT while the override is on it will not allow you to hide the entry from the program list. Are there other properties I need to set to hide the install when that option is checked? It works if you don't do the override.

Thanks!
zedlex

Re: ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT with "Override Windows Installer Program list entry"

Solved my own problem. You need to clear the value of the AI_PRODUCTNAME_ARP property as well.
zedlex

Hmm this didn't actually fully hide it, just hid the name in the list, the icon and company name are still there.
Dan

Hello,

Note that the ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT property is set by default in an installer where you have the Override Windows Installer programs list entry option enabled.

To avoid the application from being displayed in the Control Panel that has the Override Windows Installer programs list entry option enabled, you need to condition the installation of the AI_CustomARPName component.

You can condition the installation of the AI_CustomARPName component, though a property as below:
AI_CustomARPName Table Editor.PNG
AI_CustomARPName Table Editor.PNG (15.44 KiB) Viewed 12269 times
When you want to hide the Control Panel entry, you can set the property that you are using to condition application from being displayed in the Control Panel: e.g.
installCmd.PNG
installCmd.PNG (8.83 KiB) Viewed 12269 times

Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”