bsathish

Issue with Silent Installation of Msi.

Hello team,

I'm facing issue with silent installation of msi.
i have done below steps.
1. created property for dynamic folder in install parameters.
2. created property based folder and added files.
3. created custom action with sequence to install/deploy files to dynamic folder.
4. assigned property to path edit.
5. selected option 2 for execution conditions: Skip action in Install Execution Stage if executed in Dialogs Stage.
if i select that option. my silent installation is not installing files in custom path.
i want normal and silent installation should happen with one installer.

please help me how to solve this.
Attachments
CustomActionFolderPath.PNG
CustomActionFolderPath.PNG (16.06 KiB) Viewed 1762 times
Catalin

Re: Issue with Silent Installation of Msi.

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Could you please give me some more details about the step 3. For instance, what custom action are you using that deploys (copies) the files to the folder? Are you using a script (e.g. PowerShell, VBS) that simply copies files from your Application Folder to the folder that is created based on a property? If this is the case, please be aware that your custom action must be scheduled after the "Add Resources" action group with its "Execution Time" of "When the system is being modified (deferred)" (because during the "Add resources" action group, the files are copied on the machine).

Also, does the custom action work as expected when running the setup with full UI?

Least but not last, could you please forward a copy of your .AIP file by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can investigate its settings? If that is not possible, could you please create a sample project which reproduces the behavior and send it over?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”