MarkR

Issue creating a Transform file

Hi there,

I've downloaded a trial version to evaluate prior to purchasing it and am having an issue creating an mst file using the "Response Transform" option.

Downloading the latest version of Crick Clicker 7 (http://download.cricksoft.com/clicker7/clicker7.exe) and extracting the MSI, when I try creating a Transform file for it I get an error saying it "cannot be installed on this computer. you need a computer with Windows 2000, XP, Vista or Windows 7 to install".

I am running Windows 10 (1809) Enterprise, and am able to run the MSI itself without the error, and also am able to create an MST using an very old copy of Wise for Windows (which is what we want to replace). I've also opened the MSI using the "New Transform" option, and it lists Windows 10 x64 as being a valid option under "Launch Conditions".

Am I missing something obvious or doing something wrong with this?

Thanks... Mark
Catalin

Re: Issue creating a Transform file

Hello Mark,

First of all, thank you for your interest in Advanced Installer.

I have tested the described scenario and indeed, I was able to reproduce the issue. This seems to be an Advanced Installer issue in what regards the "Response Transform" operation. As for this moment, this is still under investigation on our end as we were not yet able to find the root cause of it. I will let you know as soon as we come to a conclusion about this.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”