kamcknig

Refreshing a sync from the command-line

Hello!

Is there a way from the command-line to refresh a synchronized folder? I know about the /NewSync and /ResetSync, but if I read them correctly these are not what I need. There are particular other commands I want to run such as deleting/creating shortcuts from the command-line, but I want to first ensure that the project is properly synchronized so that all/any of the files I want to add shortcuts to are actually there.

Do I even need to do that? If I try to create a shortcut using /NewShortcut to a file that doesn't exist yet in the project (due to it not yet being synchronized) will the command-line still work and when it is synchronized upon building everything will be fine? Or would it fail to create the shortcut if the file has not yet been added to the project through synchronization (which led me to my question of a way to refresh the sync from the command-line without building)

Thanks!
Kyle
Eusebiu

Re: Refreshing a sync from the command-line

Hi Kyle,

The command line for refreshing a synchronized folder is "/RefreshSync" which is recommended in cases like yours.

If you use the /NewShortcut command for a file that does not exist in the project, an external shortcut will be automatically added because that type of shortcut does not need the referenced file to be present in the project.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
kamcknig

Perfect thank you!

I'm not sure how I missed the /RefreshSync command *slaps forehead.

Kyle
kamcknig

OH, I missed it because we are using version 12.6.1. This is not available until something like version 14.x is that correct?

Kyle
Eusebiu

Hello Kyle,

Indeed, this option was added in the 14.3 version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”