bryanfisher

Custom shortcut target from dialog

Hello,

I am trying to figure out how to create a custom shortcut to an external file based on user input from a dialog. I found how to create a shortcut to an external file, but I can't figure out how to make the target dependent on input from a dialog.

Any help would be appreciated.
Daniel

Re: Custom shortcut target from dialog

Hello and welcome to our forums,

To do so you should just use a property formatted reference in the "Shortcut target:" field of the "Shortcut Properties" view. For instance you can set the "Shortcut target" field like this:

Code: Select all

[TARGET_PROP]
and then on a dialog from "Dialogs" page of your setup project add a path edit control (using the TARGET_PROP property) where the customer could enter or browse for target file path.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
bryanfisher

I have set this up, but the dialog I created with the path edit control on it is never shown, and I receive a "Specified path is empty" error. If I put a default value in the path edit control, I get a "path not found" error. I never see the dialog.
Daniel

Hello,

I am not so sure why this happens. Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the installation to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”