glerler

VS 2019

Wed May 01, 2019 10:22 pm

Are there any known issues using AI with VS 2019. I have a solution that was migrated from VS 2017 to VS 2019. The installer built and functioned fine under VS 2017. In VS 2019 the Installer will build and will install but the program will not launch. No errors just spins then dies. NOthing running in the background. I can launch the program without issue from the VS 2019 bin release folder. Not sure what I missed or if there is an issue with VS 2019. This is a .net winform app. FYI the earlier installers will install and the app operates correctly. Thx

glerler

Re: VS 2019

Thu May 02, 2019 2:16 pm

**UPDATE**
I guess AI pulls from the reference assembly rather than the Release in the bin. I have several files with wrong version now. what a CF.
PS what is with the login for this community. Always tells me I had too many attempts???

Daniel

Fri May 03, 2019 11:13 am

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I am glad you got this sorted out.

In what regards with our forums to many login attempts notification, indeed this happens sometime (even on first attempt) due to a security policy configured by our web site admin. We apologize for the inconvenience.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

glerler

Fri May 03, 2019 3:35 pm

It is not sorted out. I simply stated what was happening. AI is not pulling the correct version of some files. How does AI determine the source of the file? I worked around by changing the source path to the release folder build.

Yes - I have to login 2x ALL the time. The 1st time tells me I have to many attempts!!!?? It also kills my session is like a minute. I logged in to reply to this and by the time I submitted it had killed my sesssion authentication. Doest keep me signed in

Daniel

Tue May 07, 2019 11:25 am

Hello,

If you are using our Visual Studio extension setup project andthe related application files (included in the setup project) were added using the [Add Project Output] button, then they should be referred from your solution build configuration output folder (e.g. Release\Debug folders).

If you encounter a different behavior we will highly appreciate if you could isolate this in a small sample you can share with us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com.

In what regards the login forums issues we apologize about this. Hopefully they will be fixed soon.

All the best,
Daniel

glerler

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:03 am

Issues still persist. I am not running this with AI extension for VS. I updated to the new release. I have to get a new version of a project and no go.. I reimported the VS project. But when AI packages the msi it pull different file version than what is in the bin folder. I did not have this issue with older version of AI. It was an earlier 15.xx version I believe. Not sure what I should send you

Daniel

Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:06 pm

Hello,

Can you please send us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com the following resources:

1. your VS solution or a sample test solution replicating the behavior
2. a short test case we should follow to replicate the issue

Thank you for your help in this matter.

All the best,
Daniel

glerler

Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:52 pm

I will try to get something together for you later today. Thx G

glerler

Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 pm

In the Files/Folder AI shows a physical source for the file. Where does it get the path for the files from? The issue is that several files the version that is in the bin release is different from the version that AI is using. The program runs correctly from the release bin.

Daniel

Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:44 am

Hello,

I apologize for the delayed reply.

The file version AI is using should be the one from the solution build output folder (e.g. bin\release). Could you try to isolate this behavior in a small sample and send it us by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com alongside a short test case?

All the best,
Daniel

Return to “Building Installers”