belsonmarble

serverside serial

Fri May 24, 2019 9:13 pm

So I added the mysql to the server from the demo and also used the demo validate.php but when I add the url then save/build, if I enter the serial from the sample in the sql this is where it gets confusing.

Since I have the default 3 boxes I pressumed I could just change the text but was wrong there. I followed the instruction from this post:

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=37090

Once I get that side working correctly does that mean when i run the installer and it shows the 3 boxes, the bottom one being the serial, what are the other 2 boxes above for? Name, Email or Company? Do I need to have those details in there as well?

Just trying to connect the dots so when I enter a serial from that sql and its checked it actually says its correct.

Thank you

Eusebiu

Re: serverside serial

Thu May 30, 2019 8:27 am

Hi,

In order to configure the "Server side validation" functionality for your package, you need to proceed as shown in the "Server-side serial validation during installation" video. For more details please also take a look on the "How do I configure server-side serial number validation" tutorial.

Only the "Serial Number" box is mandatory, the "Name" and "Organization" boxes are not. Also, the topic that you tried to follow debates another scenario which does not apply to you, so you should not implement the steps it describes.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

belsonmarble

Thu May 30, 2019 9:21 am

Can you answer this topic please since the other mod seems to not:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38191

belsonmarble

Thu May 30, 2019 9:29 am

The video completely skips everything that needs to be edited, if you just follow that it won't validate.

Eusebiu

Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:09 pm

Hi,

All you need to edit in the PHP sample from our website are the credentials for your database (e.g. user, pass, database name). Also, you need to upload that PHP script on your server, then use write the URL to it in the "Server-side validation" field from the "Licensing" page. However, all this information is specific to your server server only, that is why they are not shown in the video.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

belsonmarble

Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:10 am

Did you know that its also dependable on what version of php you're running as well. The script doesn't run on the latest version 7. Just thought you should know.

Eusebiu

Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:43 am

Hi,

Thank you for letting me know about this limitation. We will update the sample, so it will be compatible with all versions of PHP (if possible).

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Collins

Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:04 pm

Eusebiu,

Could you also update the scripts for CollectInstallationData as well. I'm currently trying to configure this with the latest version of php. And is it possible to add soe encryption method so the passwords for $db_pass are not in clear text?

belsonmarble

Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:23 am

Yeah I wasn't able to get the server stuff to work with the sample scripts using the latest php and had to revert to an older version. I've noticed a lot of stuff it seems is just out dated in the help section and only when new content is added is the help file updated for that content, leaving the old content to suffer and more important the customer suffers, scratching there heads thinking why isn't this working.

Eusebiu

Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:30 pm

Hi,

I already added this on our TODO list, so we will review and update all the PHP samples from our User Guide in the future. We will also try to update the content of the other articles that are outdated. Thank you for your feedback!
And is it possible to add soe encryption method so the passwords for $db_pass are not in clear text?
I'm not sure if I understand this correctly, but if you want the password not to be visible in the PHP script, you can proceed as discussed in the "How to secure database passwords in PHP" stackoverflow thread.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Collins

Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:38 pm

Eusebiu wrote:
Thu Jun 06, 2019 12:30 pm
Hi,

I already added this on our TODO list, so we will review and update all the PHP samples from our User Guide in the future. We will also try to update the content of the other articles that are outdated. Thank you for your feedback!
And is it possible to add soe encryption method so the passwords for $db_pass are not in clear text?
I'm not sure if I understand this correctly, but if you want the password not to be visible in the PHP script, you can proceed as discussed in the "How to secure database passwords in PHP" stackoverflow thread.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Thank you Eusebiu. What I meant is that the provided sample scripts should already implement this and the DB values be outside of the provided php files or document it. Since I'm using IIS, I ended up storing the values outside of wwwroot in another php and using require '..\..\db\values.php'.

Eusebiu

Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:40 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback! Your suggestion is good, but we only intend to offer a sample script as a starting point for the user, which he can customize the way he desires.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

belsonmarble

Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:32 am

Wow I should go back and slap myself. I ended up working it out and it works really well, so thank you.

Eusebiu

Thu Oct 24, 2019 10:51 am

You're welcome. I'm glad you got this working.

Best regards,
Eusebiu

Return to “Building Installers”