bryanforst

C++ Redistributable refusing to install

Hey all,
Have read through the various issues people have had with C++ Redistributable installs, followed the instructions, but I am still having a stubborn prereq that refuses to install.

I created an installer (enterprise version) to deploy a very simple splash page in VS. Basically I want to test a machine and make sure it has all the necessary components for our app to be installed later. Our pre-reqs are defined as Pre-install (I have tried them in post-install as well):

.Net Framework 4.7.2
C++ Redistrib for VS 2013 x86 always
C++ Redistrib for VS 2013 x64 (conditional)
C++ Redistrib for VS 2017 x86 always
C++ Redistrib for VS 2017 x64 (conditional)

The .net installs but the C++ pre-reqs do nothing. I am installing on a Win7 sp1 32 bit machine which has 2005, 2008 and 2010 C++ Redistrib.

Attaching my aip and a log file. Hope someone can see what is going wrong.
Attachments
EclipseError.log
Log file
(48.79 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
Engage_PreReqs_Only.aip
installer definition
(32.01 KiB) Downloaded 468 times
bryanforst

Re: C++ Redistributable refusing to install

Started to rebuild by removing all of the C++ Redistrib requirements
Put C++ 2013 back on and it seems to work. Will start from that point and move forward a step at a time.

However I have been using /qb to make the install silent. That is not happening I am getting the full UI.

One problem at a time.
Catalin

Hello Bryan,

First of all, I am glad you got this working.

I have tested this and indeed, you are right.

This issue seemed to affect only the Visual Studio Redistributable x86 which had the "Always install prerequisite" option checked. These prerequisites seemed to be detected as installed and they were skipped during a silent install. Most probably, the fix will be available starting with our next Advanced Installer release, Advanced Installer 16.1.

The solution, as you have already mentioned, was to delete the prerequisite and add it to the project one more time.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Daniel

Hello,

This was fixed in version 16.2 of Advanced Installer released on August 1st, 2019.

All the best,
Daniel
Daniel Radu - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”