aho

modify / uninstall does not work after silent installation

Hi all,
I have a working installer, which should be enhanced with silent installation mode.

Silent Installation works basically, but when I try to modify/uninstall it via the 'Programs and Features' list, I get the following error:
2019-07-09 17_41_38-error occurred while trying to uninstall - Google-Suche.png
2019-07-09 17_41_38-error occurred while trying to uninstall - Google-Suche.png (7.22 KiB) Viewed 13079 times

If I use the same installer with normal GUI, modify/uninstall works normal.

Based on this article https://www.advancedinstaller.com/user- ... stall.html I tried the following arguments for silent installation:
  • /qb --> error on modify/deactivate
  • /passive --> error on modify/deactivate
  • /qn --> error on modify/deactivate
  • /quiet --> error on modify/deactivate
  • /qb /passive --> error on modify/deactivate
  • /qn /quiet --> error on modify/deactivate
  • /qr  --> manual userinteraction at the end of installation is needed, because system reboot needs to be accepted. Reboot Behaviour: Force Reboot after install
System Information:
Advanced Installer 15.5.1
Installer tested on Windows 7 x64

:?: What can I do to make modify/uninstall work?

Thanks in advance!
Dan

Re: modify / uninstall does not work after silent installation

Hello,

In order to see what fails during the uninstall process, can you pleae create a log file of the uninstall process?

Can you please send us the .AIP (project file) and a verbose log of the uninstall process to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate it? If it contains confidential information you can send us a small test project which reproduce this behavior.

Best regards,
Dan
Dan Ghiorghita - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”