psimard

Patch Project Launches Installer

I have a patch project and when I add an upgrade or target installer -- it launches the installer. I'm not clear on why it does this. Demo videos don't show this. Is this correct behavior?

Peter
Catalin

Re: Patch Project Launches Installer

Hello Peter,

Unfortunately, I am afraid I am not quite sure I understand what you mean here.

Could you please create a small video in which you reproduce this and send it over so I can make a better idea of what the issue is on your side?

If that is not possible, please attach some screenshots, that will help as well.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
psimard

it appears this is standard operaton - it appears to run the installer I assume to get info - so I will assume this is by design --

as a second note -- how can I launch Advanced Installer from the command line in silent mode --I have operations that sometimes bring up dialogs for user input -- and I do not want this to happen
Catalin

Hello Peter,
how can I launch Advanced Installer from the command line in silent mode --I have operations that sometimes bring up dialogs for user input -- and I do not want this to happen
I am assuming that here you are referring to our command line support, am I right? If that is the case, could you please give me a sample use case where a dialog is spawned so I can further investigate this with our development team?

Kind regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”