ruck64

MSI works great. Exe cant install

Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:20 pm

I have managed to get my MSI to install and uninstall without any issues. So the next step was to verify the exe was working as it should. The problem I have now ran into is the exe gets this error.

There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A prgoram run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. The only thing I can see that may even possibly be an issue is some software that I downloaded to contain both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions.

Please let me know if there is any more information I can give to you guys to make the process or narrowing down the cause and creating a solution easier.

Catalin

Re: MSI works great. Exe cant install

Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:15 am

Hello,
There is a problem with this Windows Installer Package. A prgoram run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.
This sounds like a failing custom action.

In order for me to further investigate this issue, could you please forward me a copy of your .AIP file and the verbose log of the installation process by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

ruck64

Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:22 pm

Thank you. But upon further reading I have decided to only make it a 32 bit version for now. It makes things simpler all around and Nearly all computers support it.

Catalin

Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:52 am

You are always welcome.

I am glad you got this working.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”