aweber

build two packages for licensing

Is there a way to use one AI Project to build two different installers - identical, except one has Licensing Features (i.e. server-side validation) and one does not?

I can't figure out how to get two Builds in the same project with the different settings, but it would be very cumbersome to manage two almost identical AIPs and keep them in sync...identical except for the Licensing settings.
Catalin

Re: build two packages for licensing

Hello AJ,

This can be achieved with our support for "Multiple Builds".

Please have a look on our "Multiple Build Configurations" for more information about this.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
aweber

Ah, I am a small business and have "only" purchased the Professional version of AI.

There are certainly more features I think would benefit my intended deployment, but budgets...

Thank you.
Catalin

Hello AJ,

It seems that an error occurred while our Marketing team was developing that article.

The required license is actually Professional for that article. Actually, to be more precise, the "For Java" license is required (because the Mac build is added, which requires the "For Java" suite. Without the MAC build, the Professional license will suffice.).

I will let our Marketing team know about this so they can edit the article. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
There are certainly more features I think would benefit my intended deployment, but budgets...
Since you are an older user of our application, I may be able to help you with a discount coupon for the Enterprise suite. For this, please send me an e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com.

Additionally, in case you did not know, you do not have to buy a full Enterprise license. Since you already own a license, you can upgrade your already existing license to an Enterprise one. This means that the upgrade price will be:

the price of an Enterprise license - the price of a Professional license

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Catalin
aweber

So you are saying that if I add a second build, I will be able to set different values in the Licensing tab/section on a per-build basis? I did not read anything about how you can apply different licensing to different builds (in the same project).

But now I notice that there is a "Feature" box in the ribbon of the Licensing tab...

Is the process to:
1) Navigate to the Licensing Tab
2) Select the Feature (or possibly build?).
3) Adjust the Serial Validation settings.

If this is the case, and the user selected multiple features to be installed - would the Server Side Validation run a POST for each Feature???

-AJ
Catalin

Hello AJ,

Please ignore my last answer. It seems that I may have been wrong with it.

I am afraid that, as for this moment, it is not possible to have multiple licensing types for multiple builds.

However, I will add this on our TODO list and hopefully it will be available in the future.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will be glad to assist.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”