harshal119

Unable to uninstall older version

Hi,

Facing following issue while uninstalling pervious version from Control panel as well as using repair option.
issue.png
issue.png (3.59 KiB) Viewed 9957 times

Is there any way to uninstall forcefully previous versions?
Thanks
Eusebiu

Re: Unable to uninstall older version

Hi,

In order to achieve this, you can use one of the solutions described in the "How do I remove a broken installation" FAQ.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
harshal119

I am getting following error with /fv
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (7.6 KiB) Viewed 9954 times
harshal119

Hi,

I am able to figure out the problem. I think the new version 16.2 (I updated in Morning) have introduced <ROW Action="RemoveExistingProducts" Condition="(AI_UPGRADE&lt;&gt;&quot;No&quot;)" Sequence="1402" SeqType="0" MsiKey="RemoveExistingProducts"/> in Custom action. And I am guessing its considering default condition as AI_UPGRADE="No" and that causes this side effect. When I changed that condition to UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE it started working. Would you please confirm my observation. Thanks
Eusebiu

Hi,
I am getting following error with /fv
Please make sure that you apply this command on an MSI package, not an EXE one.
I think the new version 16.2 (I updated in Morning) have introduced <ROW Action="RemoveExistingProducts" Condition="(AI_UPGRADE&lt;&gt;&quot;No&quot;)" Sequence="1402" SeqType="0" MsiKey="RemoveExistingProducts"/> in Custom action. And I am guessing its considering default condition as AI_UPGRADE="No" and that causes this side effect. When I changed that condition to UPGRADINGPRODUCTCODE it started working. Would you please confirm my observation. Thanks
I'm not sure why it started working after you changed that condition. The "AI_UPGRADE<>"No"" condition was always the default one for the "RemoveExistingProducts" standard action and it is not recommended to change it.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”