FlexUser

Icon during uninstall confirmation

Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:48 pm

During uninstall I have two issues that I like to be changed.

The uninstall starts with the Windows User Account Control dialog (see attachment).

1. In this dialog I would like to see the same icon I show during installation. So I have a custom icon that is shown in hte User Account Control dialog when installing.

2. The dialog does not show my company as the publisher but Microsoft instead. Can't we have our company here? During installation we get our company name as publisher.
Attachments
Uninstall Icon.jpg
Uninstall Icon.jpg (600.07KiB)Viewed 11676 times

Catalin

Re: Icon during uninstall confirmation

Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:24 am

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

In order for the UAC to display the package icon configured in Builds page you have to make sure the elevation is made at the beginning of the installation by the EXE Bootstrapper. This can be achieved using "Run as Administrator" option from Install Parameters. Also, the elevation is made by the EXE Bootstrapper if Enhanced User Interface is enabled in Themes Page, even if "Run as Administrator" option is not enabled.

Otherwise, if the elevation is made by Windows Installer, the Windows Installer icon will be displayed.

With that being said, that should be fixed by enabling the "Run as Administrator" option from "Install Parameters" page.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Zotano

Sun Oct 15, 2023 7:40 am

Hi, I'm having the same problem. I followed the tutorial indicated and even so, when uninstalling the program, it shows the icon in the open uninstaller as it should but it does not show it in the installed programs.

Enable Run as administrador
Enable Always (install, uninstall and maintenance)

Attachments
Capturar2.PNG
Capturar2.PNG (2.47KiB)Viewed 4801 times
Capturar.PNG
Capturar.PNG (23.46KiB)Viewed 4801 times

Catalin

Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:05 am

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I'm not quite sure I understand your scenario here.

From your screenshot, it looks like the icon is not displayed in the "Add or Remove programs".

If so, could you please try testing this on a clean machine (e.g. a Virtual Machine) and let me know if it reproduces there?

If yes, then please forward me the following resources:

- a copy of the AIP file

- a download link for the setup

by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further investigate this.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”