KeloCube

Does the license disallow manual customization of themes?

Hi!

I'm considering using AI to distribute my application, but the enterprise edition is out of reach for me for the time being. Maybe in the future I will be able to upgrade. There are two critical features missing from the professional edition, however:

* I need to deploy an INF-based driver. I'm thinking of using a custom action for this.
* I would like to customize the surface theme to fit the application's brand. Specifically I would like to change the accent color and perhaps the shape of the run button on the exit dialog (I find it a bit oddly shaped when the readme button is not present). Am I allowed to do this by manually editing the text and image assets of AI, or is this prohibited by the license terms?

Thanks
Catalin

Re: Does the license disallow manual customization of themes?

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.
* I need to deploy an INF-based driver. I'm thinking of using a custom action for this.
Custom actions are available in the Professional suite of Advanced Installer:

Advanced Installer Top Professional Features
* I would like to customize the surface theme to fit the application's brand. Specifically I would like to change the accent color and perhaps the shape of the run button on the exit dialog (I find it a bit oddly shaped when the readme button is not present). Am I allowed to do this by manually editing the text and image assets of AI, or is this prohibited by the license terms?
Indeed, this feature is available starting with our Enterprise version of Advanced Installer. More specifically, this is related to the "Dialog Editor" feature.

Please let me know if there is anything else I could help you with and I will be glad to assist.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
KeloCube

Hi,

thank you for your response. I did not find it at all delayed. On the contrary, I would like to apologise for asking if I could get away with less money.

I will take your answer for whether manual customization is allowed as a "no," but please let me know if this is not what you meant. I will be investing in the Professional suite regardless, as the "killer feature" for me is the auto updater.

Just in case it was not clear what I meant by "manual customization," please see this thread: viewtopic.php?t=30416. Specifically, I would like to replace the .bmp files of the BrightCyanSurface theme with bitmaps of a slightly different hue of blue.
Catalin

Hello,
On the contrary, I would like to apologise for asking if I could get away with less money.
There's no need to apology.
I will take your answer for whether manual customization is allowed as a "no," but please let me know if this is not what you meant.
Yes, pretty much the answer is no here. The Enterprise suite is required for that. However, if you really need this feature, please send me an e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com and we may be able to help you with a discount coupon for the Enterprise suite.

Looking forward to hearing from you and hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
KeloCube

Hi!

Thanks for the clarification. I'll go with either the classic theme or the black surface theme and upgrade as soon as I get a few sales for my application. Hopefully I won't be needing a discount by then!

Thanks again for the polite and accommodating answer.
Catalin

You are always welcome.

My pleasure to help.

Just let me know if you have any other questions and I will be glad to assist.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”