Hello,

I have a situation where I have features such as the following:

- MainFeature1
----SecondaryFeature1
----SecondaryFeature2
-MainFeature2
----SecondaryFeature3
----SecondaryFeature4

I would like to show multiple dialogs that contain only the secondary features within a particular main feature. For example:

Code: Select all

Dialog 1 - Select Your MainFeature1 Options

(Quick Selection Tree that only contains SecondaryFeature1 and SecondaryFeature2)

Code: Select all

Dialog2 - Select Your MainFeature2 Options

(Quick Selection Tree that only contains SecondaryFeature3 and SecondaryFeature4)
Is there a way to do this natively using the Quick Selection Tree? If not, is there a workaround I can use to manually create this behavior?

Let me know if I can clarify anything.
Catalin

Re: Customizing Multiple Quick Selection Trees

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

Unfortunately, it is not possible to achieve that using the predefined "Quick Selection Tree" control.

However, you can achieve what you want using the CheckBox control. For instance, you can have two dialogs, each containing two checkboxes (one for each sub-feature). Based on the checkbox state, you can condition the installation of your feature. For more information about this, please have a look on the following forum thread which I think you may find useful:

viewtopic.php?t=34474

After doing so, you can condition the dialogs using the "Dialog Editor" feature (available starting with the Enterprise suite). To do so, you can go to "Dialogs" page --> right click on your dialog --> "Show only if..." option.

Please let me know if you have any other questions and I will be glad to assist.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”