mcslayton

Simple windows service fails to install

I am always getting this error when trying to install my service. I have tried leaving Account Username and Password blank and using my login username and password. Both fail for the same reason. Testing on a Windows 10 desktop -- on home network with Visual Studio 2019 and your 2019 extension installed with a trial version of AI Pro.

HELP!

AIP Install Error.jpg
AIP Install Error.jpg (29.8 KiB) Viewed 1225 times
Catalin

Re: Simple windows service fails to install

Hello and welcome to our forums,

As explained in the error message, most probably there is a permission user.

For instance, if you use your login credentials (e.g. the username and password you use to login to your PC), the user must be part of the Administrators group (it should have administrative privileges). Please keep in mind that working with services require administrative privileges.

With that being said, have you tried running your setup as administrator (i.e. right click on your setup --> "Run as administrator" if a package is an EXE, or open an elevated command prompt and launch the setup with the "msiexec /i <path_to_MSI>" command line if the package is an MSI)

In addition to this, the input in the username field should look like this: .\Username. For instance, if the username is "David", then the "Username" field from the "Services" page should look like this:

Code: Select all

.\David
not

Code: Select all

David
Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”