bochelie

updater newbie

Hallo,

I want to know how I can make an Updater. I have succesfully made an exe for my application. Now I would like to make an updater. Because sometimes I want to update the current application. I also would like the updater not to ask to first uninstall the current installed application. It should just update it. With the update there is a file that may not be deleted. All other files should be replaced by the new version in the updater. How can I do this. I have been trying for days now without luck.

Regards,
Eusebiu

Re: updater newbie

Hi and welcome to our forums.

In order to use the Updater for your application you can follow the steps described in the "Using the Updater" tutorial.

To keep a file from being changed during the updates you can implement the solution discussed in the "Avoid file removal during upgrade" thread.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
bochelie

Thanks for that.
However what is the “Updates URL” field? This is confusing for me because I have nothing on a server or website. So there is nothing for me to download. And I dont want anything online.

I need an offline updater. Just like my .exe. This should be a .exe but as an update.
bochelie

Problem fixed. It turns out I thought I needed an Update. But I needed an Upgrade. The upgrades page helped me. Thanks.
Eusebiu

You're welcome. I'm glad you figured this out.

If you have other questions, just let us know.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”