supertrio17

Another version of this product is already installed Problem!

Hi, Im new at using Advanced Installer, and I made one simple mistake. In new version patch (from 2.0.6 to 2.0.7) I wanted to change my company name, so I did, and when that was done, I couldn't uninstall my program, I really dont know what to do, I tried everything.

I tried to delete all files, but its still up there on control panel, so I used IObit Uninstaller, and my program was uninstalled. But I still get Another version of this product is already installed message.

Hope someone can help.
Catalin

Re: Another version of this product is already installed Problem!

Hello,

That error is usually thrown when you try to install two products having the same ProductCode on the same machine.

Product Identification (ProductCode and UpgradeCode)

In this case, since you mentioned you are trying to perform a patch installation, most probably the ProductCode is the same.

In this case, you can try to perform a major upgrade (by increasing the version and also changing the ProductCode when asked to).

This should uninstall the older version and then install the newer version.

Additionally, please keep in mind that a patch is not created by simply increasing the version and having the same ProductCode. In order to create a Patch Project you need to follow our Authoring a Windows Installer Patch article.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
supertrio17

Catalin wrote: Wed May 06, 2020 8:58 am Hello,

That error is usually thrown when you try to install two products having the same ProductCode on the same machine.

Product Identification (ProductCode and UpgradeCode)

In this case, since you mentioned you are trying to perform a patch installation, most probably the ProductCode is the same.

In this case, you can try to perform a major upgrade (by increasing the version and also changing the ProductCode when asked to).

This should uninstall the older version and then install the newer version.

Additionally, please keep in mind that a patch is not created by simply increasing the version and having the same ProductCode. In order to create a Patch Project you need to follow our Authoring a Windows Installer Patch article.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
I already figured it out, problem was i put [Manufacturer]\[ProductName] as Application folder, because I don't want my program to be in ProgramFiles folder, but that corrupted it, so I put [ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName] instead and everything was good :D
Catalin

Hello,

Thank you for your followup on this.

I am really glad everything works as expected now.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”